Trainer – Daniëlle Nel
Well-known local editor, online editor, assistant editor and trainer Dani Nel will be presenting this one day workshop. Dani is an AVID certified trainer, having attended an AVID “train the trainer” course in London in 2012 and more recently qualified to teach AVID Media Composer 8 and above. Dani is also a certified Apple FCP 7/X, Adobe Premiere and After Effects trainer and brings her understanding of the other non linear editing platforms to help ease the transition to AVID workflows.
Introduction to AVID
Who should attend? If you are working in the film industry as an editor or assistant editor, working on Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro 7 or X, then this course is for you! Graduate students are also welcome to attend, however, you must have some practical editing experience.
Course Content – During the day, Dani will teach and demonstrate the following techniques –
- Avid/post production workflow
- Setting up Avid project
- Marking footage
- Editing clips to a sequence
- Adding Cutaways and Music
- Basic Audio mixing
- Adding Titles
- Adding Effects
- Adding Transitions
Date – 23 February 2019, 08h30 to 17h30.
Cost – R3000 per person, includes course notes, tea, coffee and lunch
Assistant Editing Workshop
Who Should attend? If you wish to expand your skills and start working on feature films, high end international TV series and documentaries, then this practical, hands-on workshop is for you! You must be AVID literate to attend, if you only have Premiere or FCP experience, you will need to attend our “Intro to AVID” course first. Graduate students are also welcome to attend, however, you should have some practical AVID editing experience.
Course Content – Over three days, you will learn about –
- Working with Editors & Etiquette,
- Protocol & Key Contacts on Set
- Assistant Editor Job Description
- Common Abbreviations / Glossary
- Cameras, Formats & Aspect Ratios
- Post Production Workflow
- Understanding Continuity, Camera & Sound Reports
- Organising and Filing
- Logging, Sync’ing & Checkback
- Practical – work through 3 shoot days of actual feature footage, sound & paperwork
- Rushes / Dailies Distribution
- Media Management
- Splitting Tracks & Burn-ins
- Exporting & Sharing Cuts
- Turnover to Online & Sound
Dates – Sat 2, 9, 16 Mar & Sun 17 March 2019, 08h30 to 17h30.
Cost – R7500 per person, includes course notes, tea, coffee and lunch
Please contact us for further information.